frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diet

Apart from the usual healthy eating stuff has anyone got any personal experience of how particular foods affect them please ?

For example I have found avoiding the onion family (ie garlic spring leek etc) to be helpful

I believe it's something to do with a substance in onions etc which is capable of crossing the blood brain barrier

Comments

• Nurse told me olive oil is good for me since my accident and for sure makes physo more tolerable

olive oil with everything now but its expensive

• Onions and garlic help with my digestion. Olive oil is a must.

• I was borne in Nigeria where root vegetables were our staple diet. If I don t eat root vegetables regularly my left leg and hands gets stiff and my doctor says it is inflammatory arthritis.

• I too have found avoiding the onion family (garlic spring leek etc.) to be helpful in avoiding indigestion . It makes eating out difficult.

• I have had to stop eating bread as even toasted it bloats me. It’s only happened in the last few years but now I eat a lot of bananas.

• am a in a wheelchair with ibs and eggs and corn and brown bread help. Too many vegetables and onions not good